Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
Click hereto choose another job description.
Contacts for Interviews:
- Cindy Futrell, R.N., Administrative Director, PACU, Ambulatory Surgery and PAT, 765.660.6270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A great way to spend time with professionals in the career field you are investigating. A great way to network with future colleagues. A great way to learn about the day-to-day duties of the professional you plan to be. Call volunteer services at 765.660.6410 or email@example.com.
Interview Questions Answered:
- To hire a certified surgical technologist, we will look for the necessary education and licensure as well as one year of hospital experience.
- Pay range will vary but will start at $13.50 per hour based on experience and education and the department assigned to.
- Normal day will consist of providing direct patient care at the surgical unit, assisting physician, anesthesiologist and other team members during the surgical procedure, responsible for equipment, room preparation and proper patient positioning.
- Negative of career = stressful. Benefit = making a difference in patients' lives every day (rewarding and fulfilling).
- MGH offers a standard benefit package, including paid time off (holidays, sick and vacation time) as well as a comprehensive health insurance plan.
Local Educational Institutions:
See following pages for a listing of schools
Association of Surgical Assistants
Association of Surgical Technologists
www.ast.org or call 800.637.7433